Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Great Grandma Scooba Doo

You and Me Doll asking a question

The other day one of the dolls was asking where she got these long, long legs and I told her from her Great Grandma Scooba Doo. She said "who's that?".  I told her well, she wasn't actually your great grandma but she was an inspiration, a doll my parents gave me when I was 7 years old. 


Scooba Do, the first Beatnik Doll
photo by VintageFunland
She was a cool doll for her time, the 1960's, the first Beatnik Doll.you pulled her string she said some pretty crazy stuff, like "hey dig this" and "don't be a square" - just watch this youtube video. So that's where the long legs came from-
______________________________________________



Hi! I’m Diane Eugster. I live in Las Vegas with my

husband John and cat Ali.  We don’t play slot
machines but we do like to go to shows sometimes. 
I created You and Me Dolls in 2011, hope you like them.  If you want to take one home check out my Etsy store in the right column.
Thanks,




No comments:

Post a Comment