Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Are Dolls all Fluff?

Those of you that know me, know me as a painter and may wonder why dolls?
Are dolls just fluff or worse yet fu-fu? My answer is an emphatic no!
Children that are involved with imaginative, creative play are more likely to solve our societies' dilemmas as adults.
Little Suzie next door will one day run the world's finances

and

Little Tommy down the street will one day be your Doctor




Just look at this from  "The Power of Magical Thinking" by Shirley S. Wang:

child-development experts are recognizing the importance of imagination and the role it plays in understanding reality. Imagination is necessary for learning about people and events we don't directly experience, such as history or events on the other side of the world. 

Or this from "The Importance of Imagination", 
Children that are able to get away from it all and place themselves, mentally, in another world are more likely to be able to think "outside the box" and produce more creative results when learning and working. For this reason, the importance of imagination cannot be underestimated and should be encouraged when raising children.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1006190
Simple toys and dolls are the perfect vehicle to free the imagination! The creative kids of today are the decision makers of tomorrow. 
What do you think about this subject? Let me know-
___________________________________________________

Hi! I’m Diane Eugster. I live in Las Vegas with my
husband John and cat Ali.  We don’t play slot
machines but we do like to go to shows sometimes. 
I created You and Me Dolls in 2011, hope you like them.  If you want to take one home check out my Etsy store in the right column.
Thanks,

 


 

1 comment:

  1. You know I agree with you one hundred percent. It's not quite this bad but I've said that computers "rot the brain". They're a great tool to use once a person understands the concept of what they're doing but for a young mind to just use a key stoke to solve a problem they'll never get the concept behind it. And there goes their imagination and creativity.

    ReplyDelete